Saturday, April 4, 2009

San Francisco: To the Presidio and Back

55:34 (7 miles)

I started my run around 8:30 pm tonight. When weaving throughout the picturesque streets of Nob Hill, this seemed to be no big deal.  But then when I got to roads in sketchier hoods that weren't well-lit and the running path along the water (where I used car headlights to see where I was going), I realized I hadn't timed my run during the safest hour of the day.  The upside is with my adrenaline pumping, I was able to squeeze out a pretty decent run.  The view (from what I could tell) looked pretty spectacular, with the Golden Gate bridge straight ahead on most of my way out and places like Lombard St. and Alcatraz Island to peak at on my way back. I'll definitely be making this run again; hopefully during a time when I can fully appreciate the scenery.
 




2 comments: