Thursday, January 22, 2009

Welcome!

Hi there. Jilane's been peer pressuring me to get this blog up and running for awhile now. But in my defense, I actually created it awhile back, just haven't written any posts....

So, today I've called in sick from work. I never do this, but today I was in dire need of a personal day. Seeing that my theme for the day will be refocusing and re-energizing, I figured this is as good a time as any to start blogging. While I'm not as crazy as the rest of the former Brown track/XC team who seem to be all about the blogging (I was a soccer player...not a competitive runner), I do like to get my runs in. Sadly, now that I've sold my soul and conformed to the standards of Corporate America, I get my miles in on a treadmill everyday during lunch. Granted I've usually got Bravo, E!, or if I'm feeling sufficiently intellectual, CNN's Anderson Cooper (*swoon*) on the TV with me, but it's still a treadmill, in a gym, in a large office building somewhere in South Florida.

Running is like a good friend. No matter how bad the day is going, once I've spent time with this friend, everything gets better. I can recall several moments where I've either experienced something life-changing, or had an epiphany while on a run. Sometimes I wish someone I care about had been there to experience it with me, but there is something sacred about having that time to yourself and using it to refocus on what's really important in life.

Now that I'm through with my Hallmark card-like monologue, I'll get on with the show. I probably won't be posting much else today, but at least wanted to break the ice. And now I'll have an answer for Jilane the next time she inquires about whether or not I've made any progress with this site. :)

2 comments: